Thursday, March 06, 2008

March Madness

1) Plinko has passed.

This is one of my two goldfish obtained for the purpose of distracting my extreme desire for a miniature schnauzer puppy named Steezy. Plinko and Fido they were named. Plinko was named for the Price is Right game (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plinko ), since at the time I felt like the process of residency selection was much like a game of Plinko. A person selects her preference, but really, when you drop that chip down the board, you have little to no control over where you end up!
So needless to say, when Plinko passed away this morning, I was sad! My lovely goldfish AND my good luck charm for the Match was flushed down the toilet this morning...and this with only 14 more days until March 20th Match Day!
Plinko seems to have died from complications due to (?) impaction/food intolerance vs. swim bladder disease, and subsequent bacterial infection (either perforation intra-abdominally or systemic infection 2/2 decreased swimming). This is very sad.
And I really tried, I swear!! I did a lot of research on this, didn't overfeed my fishies, kept their tank clean, and even cooked and peeled green peas which are supposed to be lovely for goldfish (lots of flavor and fiber).


2)Magna-fication occurred last night in Vancouver, BC.


As expected, the Magna Gopal workshops last night were fabulous. Body movement, spins, and footwork/musicality were the focus, and although I feel like a jumbled mess again, I believe I picked up some valuable pearls. Now just a matter of applying said new-knowledge to the dance floor. I wish we could've spent more time just hanging out in Vancouver; I wish we could've just watched Magna perform for a while! But apparently Wednesday nights aren't the best for that, ha ha! (P.S. I was so nervous asking her for a picture with us that I was definitely perspiring in this picture... :) :) )

No comments: